Psalms 43: 5


Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

(Scroll Down Way Down To Read Page)

<b>(Scroll Down Way Down To Read Page)</b>

"His Will, at last, be done"

Sean Bonniwell (Of The Music Machine).

"Look Up, Jesus Is Coming Soon" !

Tommy James






Sunday, January 18, 2009

Putting Pictures And Ringtones LG VX5500 Cellphone For Verizon Wireless

Putting Pictures And Ringtones  LG VX5500  Cellphone For Verizon Wireless

First you will need the data cable for the cell phone. And you will need to download & install on your computer a free program called BitPim.

running XP SP2. I used the generic LG USB modem driver found here:
http://www.vzam.net/vcastmusic/driv...g_Ver_4.8.1.exe

with Bitpim Test Release 1.0.7.20080908 (08 Sep 2008) found here:
http://www.bitpim.org/

Here's a screen grab of Bitpim showing the phone's file system and the folder where the camera images are located:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/capmaster/bitpim_grab.jpg

I found out that in order to transfer ringtones and pictures via USB cable and Bitpim to the phone you need to go to "Settings" in Bitpim, and change the phone in the list from Other to LG VX8560 (Chocolate 3).

For ringtones YOU MUST change the extension from .mp3 to .aac. When you send one via VZWpix it does it automatically when it saves, but if you use the USB cable with Bitpim, you have to do it on your own.

(Note I used mp3 files & it did fine.)

Ringtones are located in:

Filesystem >> Brew >> mod >> 10889 >> ringtones


The pics aren't going to be in a folder with a name that sounds anything like what it contains, like "photos", "phonecam", etc. It'll be something cryptic. And it should allow file transfers both directions. It will be in a folder called Brew & then under that a folder called mod. Under that the first numbered folder you see is where your pics are and the 2nd numbered folder is where  the ringtones folder is. You go into "filesystem" view to look for the pics. It should look something like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/capmaster/bitpim_grab.jpg

In case others do what I was doing wrong, I was selecting that phone under settings then asking for BitPim to detect it. It always failed. This time I chose the VX8560, then just clicked on the + sign next to the blue folder (that becomes the phone's folder tree). It took several seconds (maybe 30) to retrieve the information, then the file tree appeared. I went to the ringtones folder and was able to right-click, select New File from the popup menu, and choose a very large ringtone I had previously renamed from .mp3 to aac. Had to reboot the phone to see the file in the folder, but it was there and I was able to set it as a ringtone. This is a 424kb file, so it bypasses the 200kb limit for text messaging ringtones to yourself.

So the moral is, don't use the detection wizard. Just select the VX8560 from the drop-down, and make sure you have the right com port selected. Then click on the folder to get BitPim to retrieve the file system.

Btw, this phone seems to play any audio file as a ringtone: .mp3, .wav, .mid, .aac and .qcp (or whatever that extension is that the phone uses to save a recording made with the phone itself).

I didn't put the whole entire song as a ringtone tho, just the first verse & chorus. How I trimmed the songs to just the first verse & chorus was I used WIndows Movie Maker. I imported my song into that & played it till I got to my stopping point & then saved it under a new name (the name of the song & the word ringtone behind it at the end). I then used the Windows Media plugin that converts music from one file format to another like from wma to mp3 or vice versa or whatever. I used that to convert them to mp3. Evidently mp3 works as a ringtone. At least on my phone. When I converted them I did it at low quality so that it won't take up as much space on the phone. Success for me.

I figured out how to take the Train sound that they have in the sound (think it's called My Sounds) & make it be used as a ringtone. I had to save it to my computer. Hope this helps out folks wondering how to do make that sounds as a ringtone.

Also you can set different ringtones to be contact id's on that phone. That is nice cuz I can now have a different phone for each person who calls me alot. And then I can tell who is calling by the ringtone. Neat!

(Note:  Some of this info is from Howard Forums & some of this info is from me) Good luck!